Wir sind ein ernsthaftes Forum, daher legen wir viel Wert auf mit Zeit und Liebe verfasste Beiträge. Dank der hier gepflegten Umgangsformen erheben wir uns aus dem Allerlei der anderen Automobilforen und stellen damit, wie auch unsere Fahrzeuge, eine besondere Klasse dar.

My "daily driver" CRX 1.5i

#1 von koshir , 23.04.2010 19:24

Project car is Honda CRX 1.5i 1986

What's done:
- whole car taken apart and fixed every rust spot and belive me there were many of those on this car (new windshield needed after this job :( )
- paint the car in Renault R4 blue
- new suspension Tokico Illuminas + ground control
- 14" BBS rims with Toyo PXT1R 195/55/14
- K&N air filter + Hadman Chikara 4-2-1 header
- honda CRX SiR front seats
- mugen pedals + steering wheel
- reflective rear panel

all work on this car was done by me, so far... welding and painting ...

and now best part, photos:
(I will stick posts from other forums so comments are as old as photos...)

(it took me almost 3years to this stage)

Project removing rust continue, almost everything is reasambled and now it's time to cut out those rusted sposts and weld nice fresh metal in...

It will require some welding but hopefully it all be nice and clean at the end and I'll probablly paint the whole car in nice white color,
with little luck I'll get 1.6 16V rear and fron bumpers those look nicer than this weird 1.5i ones

So I did little welding on this CRX of mine,
just cuuting rust and welding on new shinny metal and this is going on and on...
hopefully I'll finish this part on bottom so I can move to part under windshield...

Photos of my work

Today I cleaned those new parts on bottom and paint those with that anticorosive paint...

Also got gas tank in good condition and GC coilovers from lil buddy (thanks for quick shipping, great seller!)
so I'm getting little closer to my plan for this little car

Still welding and cuting off rust but I'll soon finish bottom of the car and move to windshield section and then the place around the fuel dors,
cause I'm sick and tired of looking rusted gas tanks I decided that this one that I got from UK will be stripped and covered with FG and then with layer of coat and layer of prtective paint (the rubber one) so I hope this tank will last long...

Photos of stripped and fiberglassed tank, on the bottom I used more flexible fg (mesh one)

What do you think about that !?

some news on project

Finally finished with welding, it's very difficult if you're not good welder cause then you must grind a lot :D :D :D
Welded all those holes, now next thing is to protect everything under the car and then go on inner arches and then paint the interior-floor and protect inside arches,
I just don't want to see any rust on this car for a long time...when I finish all that protecting I'll paint the whole car white (probably integra CW) lower it on groundcontrols and iluminas and hit the streets :P hopefully in near future
I hope I'll find some nice rims before I finish painting it, some nice Mugen CF48 or some nice BBS oldschool bouth in 14"

Also bought new gas tank (used) and striped it down cover it in fiber glass and then paint it with anticorosion paint (just edges cause I didn't FG those) and paint it with protect color (underseal)
if that one start to leak I'll just go crazy cause that would really suck big time...

Some photos of how it looks now

Interior all cleaned and ready for some mastic on weld spots and fresh layer of paint

Passenger corner inside fix

Drivers corner fix

Drivers side side skirts part

Drivers corner on outside, also took me some time to fix it

Under winshield was in really bad shape holes were everywhere, this part was very hard to fix
Also had to fix right and left side part cause it was all rusted out, very bad position for welding :o

more fix in this area (hated that part the most, so much holes)

Rusted part under the radiator...

Passenger side corner was all rusted, so this one took me lots of time to get it fixed

different view

Hard to find in here, I imported those from UK second hand new unused (toxico iluminas)

Groundcontrols :D got those from RPR member B)

That's it for now

can't wait to drive it :P :P :P

News on this project:

"I must get me some nice SATA gun for spraying this little "monster" "

got two of those now, both high class guns (NR2000 and one HVLP)

"I can't wait to get mugen spoiler for this MK1 "
Got that one too but will leave it for the end cause it's in very bad shape so lots of work needed on that one :shock:

So what's new...

Removed all protective material on inner arches and put new one,
install gas tank (removed paint, rust protect it, fiber glass it and protect paint it), rolled the rear arches edges for some nice wide rims...

And finally start the engine :D :D :D

Photos:

must clean it, cause it's still dirty from when I install it

protected rear end

rolled edges on rear arches

Now I have to prep it for paint and paint it

Got new set of Mugen CF-48s for my rim collection
So for now I have (all are 14"):
4 x Mugen CF-48
4 x BBS
2 x SSR (will try to get two more to complete the set)
2 x Advan Dirt&Rally ( -//- ) Very lightweight rims

Mugens and BBS will be renovated both with polished rims and BBS in dark gold and Mugens in gunmetal paint

Photos:

Those sets are for CRX genI
for my other project CRX genII I have Regamaster EVOs and Volkracing VR5s

:D :D :D

more parts coming
sandblasted and high. temp. painted chikara header

painted more parts:

will need some touch up after all will be painted and on the sun sometime,
will have to polish out some dirts and sand some runs (runs - those are all minimal and on places that are not visible, exept one but that one will be easy fix cause there are multiple layers of color...)

:D

Front and rear bumper painted
now I have to paint hood, boot and doors and all off car parts will be painted...small parts will be painted at the end after the car will be done...

P.S.: on front bumper on black part, that's not paint it's just dirty from sanding primer ;)

Last big part painted, now I can finally put all parts back and try to get car on the road ASAP.
will wait for month or two so color can dry out and then I'll polish whole car to get out all dirts and mistakes in color...

Put some parts on and in car...
dash is in and trunk with emblems is on and some other small things are already installed...on Tuesday I get carpet and front seats back from cleaning :D so I hope it'll be soon ready to install windows (windshield + side ones)

MORE TO COME !!!

koshir
zuletzt bearbeitet 23.04.2010 19:52 | Top

RE: My "daily driver" CRX 1.5i

#2 von Black Diamond , 23.04.2010 20:51

WOW...very good Work and nice Idea´s. The Blue is lovely.

Do you still work alone on your Project´s?

Black Diamond

#3 von Vir_Koto , 23.04.2010 21:19

Whowwww, 4 Set of CF48 ?

You are kidding !

Where do you get the rims ?

Jörg

PS: If you want to sell some of them ... ask me

Ich Repariere, also bin Ich !

Vir_Koto
Ich fahre: 86ger AS und 97ger VTR
Da wohne ich: Freiburg i. Br.
Vorname: Jörg

#4 von koshir , 23.04.2010 22:02

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I get all parts from Tegiwa Imports (u.k. firm) I do business with them, providing their parts to folks here for good prices.
right now they have great shipping costs for whole Europe
http://www.tegiwaimports.com/eshop/store/eshop_index.asp
http://www.sprintwheels.co.uk/eshop/store/eshop_index.asp
and parts on ebay:
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/TegiwaImports__W0QQ_armrsZ1

If anyone is near highway (A8) or doesn't botter to drive, I can arange transport via my driver of all parts from UK (engine swaps, front end swaps, wheels, seats...) !!!

koshir
zuletzt bearbeitet 23.04.2010 22:03 | Top

#5 von koshir , 23.04.2010 22:28

"Do you still work alone on your Project´s?"

on oldtimmer projects yes,
but on CRX race project all is done by professional people, painted, engine, cage etc
I did just prep work and now assembly work and now it'll go to mechanics place so he'll do engine, brake and fuel lines and then I'll do the wireing and all other parts that car needs to be working...

koshir
zuletzt bearbeitet 23.04.2010 22:29 | Top

#6 von koshir , 24.04.2010 10:45

and back to topic

Toke some photos today...
after photoshoot I put on fog lights and side mirrors, tomorrow I'll drove car to paintshop (they'll install winshield and rear side windows)...

can't wait to put those red stripes back, I think it'll look really nice with those stripes...

:D :D :D

koshir

#7 von koshir , 24.04.2010 10:46

installed windows, that was quite a project especially windshield :huh: :huh: :huh:

photos:

Everything installed and almost everything working :D

Photos:

koshir

#8 von koshir , 24.04.2010 10:46

Finally something new on this project ;)
Installed center console, damn that thing is nasty, had to cut both things (dash side and console) to fit it perfect, probablly the first thing till now that wasn't plug and play (and I had lots of hondas before and was changing parts all the time)
since this is old car I bought nice nakamichi MP3 player that completes that dash very nice and plays very well.

and I finally installed 4-2-1 chikara headman header, wrap it so it won't heat engine bay...main problem was uninstalling the old header cause one bolt got f... up and I couldn't get it of until I took apart whole front end (cooler, went, bumper etc)
then I finally got to that screw and hammered one size smaller wrench and that worked like charm...spent whole morning just to install that header :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Center console:

4-2-1 header

Waiting for Toyo PXT1R 195/55/14 to arrive, so I can finally put BBS rims on and lower it...and then all I need is torsion bars and I think it'll be good for a while....

koshir
zuletzt bearbeitet 24.04.2010 10:53 | Top

#9 von koshir , 24.04.2010 10:47

New parts :D :D :D
On front: I notched the torsion for one tooth and next step is modiffy front tokico iluminas (kakabox style)
On rear: tokico iluminas + groundcontrol/eibach coilover kit

Test fitted BBS with Toyo T1R 195/55/14
(I have to figure out how to mount those silly BBS caps on, I had the tinest nuts on and it still won't clear them :angry: :angry: :angry: )

and about shocks damn those are hard I set those on 1 rear end and those are still hard as rock when driving :huh: :huh: :huh:

enough of blabering...photos:

one with it's younger pal JAZZbec (slovene word jazbec means badger :P )

BBS are test fitted that's why those are just on 2 nuts ;)

New parts on...

BBS center caps, Mugen steering wheel and new rear center pice (thanks to Vicious)

koshir

#10 von koshir , 24.04.2010 10:48

new photos, outside...

AND THE LATEST PHOTOS !!!

new parts:
front EBC brakes (discs and pads) and SiR seats

2nd gen CRX seats are very easy to mount in, you just swap seat rails from mk1 to mk2 seats and those are ready to go in :D :D :D

I had 3 SiR seats two passenger and one drivers seat (RHD), drivers was in bad condition that's why I changed fabric that I took of one passenger seat, that does involve some work :huh: but the resault is very nice seat...

Photos:

plan: buy new rear springs cause this are rock hard (eibach 900lbs), rear sway bar, nice mugen style muffler and in near future color match the engine bay...

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW

koshir

#11 von koshir , 23.06.2010 08:40

new photos...

and finally on Mugen CF-48s

koshir

#12 von Hondafreak1981 , 23.06.2010 09:46

Wow! Very nice Wheels!!! Nice Car!!!

Hondafreak1981

#13 von Vir_Koto , 23.06.2010 11:16

Yearrrrr, I love these Rims ...

Ich Repariere, also bin Ich !

Vir_Koto
Ich fahre: 86ger AS und 97ger VTR
Da wohne ich: Freiburg i. Br.
Vorname: Jörg

#14 von kaefergarage.de , 23.06.2010 12:05

the color is pretty cool :)

Bitte nur email anstatt PN

kaefergarage.de
Ich fahre:
Da wohne ich: .
Vorname:

#15 von TheHondaTuner , 23.06.2010 12:18

Really nice build for a daily. Good work, keep it up!

Meine Honda Aufbau Threads!: u116719_TheHondaTuner.html
ED9->ED9->ED9->EE8->EG8 DX->EK3->BB1->CG9->DC2->Astra F->EK3->BB1->EH6->CD7

TheHondaTuner
Ich fahre: EE8, DC2
Da wohne ich: DE
Vorname: Nico