Wir sind ein ernsthaftes Forum, daher legen wir viel Wert auf mit Zeit und Liebe verfasste Beiträge. Dank der hier gepflegten Umgangsformen erheben wir uns aus dem Allerlei der anderen Automobilforen und stellen damit, wie auch unsere Fahrzeuge, eine besondere Klasse dar.

honda prelude 86 ab18 headgasket and more

#1 von dvae.prelude. ab18 , 04.11.2017 10:31

i'm owner off a honda prelude 1.8 ex from 1986 and i really do think i've got my headgasket blown out.
the engine is full off white slutch and with a cold start there comes a lot of smoke out of the exhaust, but its not the usualle white smoke its more grey like normal.
I want to order a headgasket set for my car and change the gaskets but i can't find the technical information,
how tight do i need to set the headbolts and so on?

i also need to give the carbs a good clean and change all the gaskets and rubbers so i need a set for the carbs.

for the future i'm gonna change the oil and oil filter as well and give the whole cooling system a good clean, change the power steering fluid and give the brake system a overall change and refirbeshment

further on i would eventually get a bit more power out off my 1.8 12v dual carb engine. i was thinking about changing the carbs to fuell injected and putting a sharp camshaft in but thats all for the future i really first need to get the car working propperly again

so if you guys could help me with the technical information for changing the headgasket and a adress where i can order a carb gasket set i can go on making my prelude like new again.

sorry for my english...

dvae.prelude. ab18
Ich fahre: Honda prelude 1986 1.8 ex 105hp ab18
Da wohne ich: Venlo, Nederland
Vorname: dave smeets

RE: honda prelude 86 ab18 headgasket and more

#2 von legoloco , 04.11.2017 10:43

Hello Davey,

Welcome to this forum and i'm sure someone can provide you the technical info, maybe someone has a set of workshop manuals for sale.

The carb info you can find here as another member asked for this recently,

Wo gibt es Vergaser-Dichtungen für den Prelude AB?

About the headgasket,

Does the radiator bubble wenn the car runs? This also indicates a blown headgasket.

Definitely change the oil and coolingfluid(use the correct type of fluid!) and flush both systems.

The powersteering fluid does not have to be changed but wenn you do it then only use the original Honda Fluid!

Succes with the repairs,

legoloco
Ich fahre: Honda Prelude MK1 SN, 1980
Da wohne ich: Velden/ Die Niederlande
Vorname: Rob

zuletzt bearbeitet 04.11.2017 | Top

#3 von ManiacS2000 , 06.11.2017 10:28

If you need to change your Headgasket, i have a OEM one in Stock. It will bei 45€ + Shipping to the Netherlands. I Think 11€ for the shipping with DHL.

Möge die Macht mit dir sein Lude...
1990er Prelude 4WS @H22A
2016er Civic Tourer 1.6Dtec Lifestyle
**Simon´s Classic Honda Parts**

ManiacS2000
Ich fahre: Prelude / Accord / CR-X
Da wohne ich: Apen City
Vorname: Simon

#4 von dvae.prelude. ab18 , 20.11.2017 20:54

Ich ersetze alle Dichtungen und die Riemen vom Zylinderkopf nach oben. Damit ist alles gut gemacht und angepasst. das Ventilspiel am Einlass bei 0,05 mm und am Auslass 0,07 mm Der Zylinderkopf wird von innen nach außen mit 30 nm 1. Stufe und 67 nm 2. Phase wie vorgeschrieben angeschraubt.
Jetzt will ich den Zahnriemen wieder zusammenbauen, aber ich habe eine Menge Ärger mit der Demontage der Kurbelwellenriemenscheibe, wie sie von Honda bekannt ist. Ich habe dich endlich wissen lassen, was das Endergebnis geworden ist und ob alles nach Plan lief. Ich installiere auch ein Tieferlegungsset um neue schwarze Lichter und mein Interieur bekommt eine komplette Umarbeitung

wünsche mir Erfolg

dvae.prelude. ab18
Ich fahre: Honda prelude 1986 1.8 ex 105hp ab18
Da wohne ich: Venlo, Nederland
Vorname: dave smeets